Monday 6 January 2014

Target Haul!

I have been spending way too much money lately. It's a bit concerning when I'm spending more money than I'm earning - woops!

Today I went into Target and was pleasantly surprised when I saw that they had 30% off all Essence products, which is good considering how cheap they are already! They also had all of their Ulta3 nail polishes for $1. I already have around 90 Ulta3 polishes and consider myself a bit of a collector, so I couldn't resist. Just when I was walking out of the cosmetics section my Mum picked up a Revlon gift pack that was reduced to clear at $14, and when I saw that I had it had the Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in the much raved about shade 'Honey', my heart fluttered and I did not let that baby go.

Here is what I picked up:





Revlon Gift Set in 'Dazzling Pink'

As mentioned, this set was only $14. This was sitting on a random shelf with no price tag on the shelf; it only had the orange price sticker on it. I'm not quite sure how much this retailed for before it was reduced.

This set contains:
Colorburst Lip Butter in 'Sweet Tart' - This is a gorgeous berry pink type shade. It is very girly with no shimmer. I love this!
Nail Enamel in 'Sparkling #261' - This is a very dense pink glitter polish in a clear base. This pink is really different. It's like a dusty rose type colour, like no other glitter I own.
Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in 'Honey' - I cannot even express to you how excited I was to see that this pack contained this shade. This has been on my wish list for so long and I was most likely going to pick it up for around $9 in Chemist Warehouse's current 50% off sale. You can imagine my shock when I saw it in a gift pack with other products for only $14! This balm stain alone retails for $17.95 full price so this was an absolute steal.
Lipstick Case - I would have bought the set if it just came with the other three products, so this was a bonus. It is a cute little zip up case with black floral-type embroidery on it. This will be good to keep a few lipsticks in my handband to avoid any accidents with lids coming off and destroying everything in my bag (which has happened to me a few times before!)


New additions to my Ulta3 collection
From left to right:
Disco fever - This is a red glitter polish in a clear base. This would have come in handy for Christmas time! Oh well, there's always next Christmas...
Stardust - A sheer metallic pale pink with tiny gold glitter
Poppy - A frosty metallic pale pink. I don't normally gravitate to shades like Poppy and Stardust mentioned above as my Nan wears these shades but they are a good addition to my growing Ulta3 collection
Plum Violet -  A deep berry pink/plum colour. This is a creme polish with no shimmer which I absolutely love

Essence products
I couldn't resist trying a few new products from Essence seeing as they were 30% off.
Nightclub glamour-to-go eyeshadow in '03 dance-til-dawn' - This palette has eight different shimmer colours, with mauve hued and smoky coloured eyeshadows.
Kajal pencil in '22 Taupe Me' -  Simple matte taupe eye pencil
Lipliner in '07 Cute Pink' - Rosy coloured pink lipliner
Stays no matter what eye pencil in '02 Stunning Brown' - Dark brown matte eye pencil. I swatched this on my hand it won't budge!


Left to right: Wear Berries, Coral Calling and All About Cupcake
Lipsticks are an absolute obsession of mine at the moment and I highly intend getting some more Essence lipsticks. They have really impressed me so far.

Long lasting lipstick in '09 Wear Berries' - This colour is so stunning. It's a purple toned berry lipstick.
Long lasting lipstick is '01 Coral Calling' - A true orange toned coral. In love with orange/coral lipsticks recently and this is just perfect!
Essence Lipstick in '53 All About Cupcake' -  This is a classic 'my lips but better shade'. Really subtle, neutral pink colour. Love it.


So there we have it, my Target haul! Hope you enjoyed it. I'll be back with more hauls soon :)

3 comments:

  1. You picked up some wonderful products. Essence has some really nice things, and they are all so cheap too! The Revlon set is such a bargain. I myself love their Balm stains, hopefully you do too! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much for your comment! I'm just starting out so any comment means a lot to me. Excited to try out my new essence products!

      Delete
  2. awesome bargains that you got! We were shopping round all day & the one day we dont go to target lol Ive got the revlon kissable balm stain in honey and it's really great MLBB. Looking forward to your essence reviews!

    ♥ M&L twoplicates

    ReplyDelete

Instagram