Thursday 2 January 2014

Beauty Joint Haul: e.l.f & Jordana

It is no secret that as a rule, university students are poor. Although I am on my Summer holidays now, being a full time nursing uni student during the year unfortunately means minimal time to work and earn some cash. During the year I was only working an average of 5-10 hours a week due to uni clashing with work times, and the money I do earn generally goes towards petrol, phone bill, etc.

Anyway, the moral of that story is that I LOVE CHEAP THINGS! I am such a tightass. If I can save money anywhere, then I will.

After doing some research via YouTube and blogs, I learnt about inexpensive American brands like NYX, Milani, ELF and Jordana, to name a few. I had seen a few people mention beautyjoint.com as a relatively reliable place to buy these products at the US price. I decided to give the site a go and try a few new products. After adding a million things to my 'cart', I managed to get rid of a few and narrow it down to these products.

Here is my small first haul from Beauty Joint:



 I received a total of 7 products, and had it shipped to Australia for less than $30. As you can tell, the products are still in their packaging so I don't have any opinions about them yet. I will review these products at a later date when I use them and form opinions.

e.l.f studio Cream Eyeliner

I have been wanting to try a cream or gel eyeliner for a while now. I always use a liquid liner, my most recent one being the Maybelline Master Precise liner. I do find that liquid liners work well, but have seen a lot of people using cream liners. Instead of spending a lot on something like a MAC fluidline, this is a cheaper alternative to experiment with.

Cream liner out of box
I haven't used this on my eyes yet but I did use the brush that this comes with to swatch it on my hand, and from what I can tell the brush works quite well. I'm looking forward to trying this out.



Jordana Eye Primer/Base

I have been looking for an inexpensive eye primer and have seen this in a few YouTube videos and it looks okay. I did actually use this on New Years Eve and my first impression is that I like it and it did make my eyeshadow show up brighter. I'm still unsure about longevity so I'll keep using it to see what I think.


e.l.f Essential Eyelid Primer

As I mentioned, I have been wanting a cheap eye primer and this was roughly the same price as the Jordana one (about $2) so I thought I may as well try this one out as well.


e.l.f Studio Eyebrow Kit in 'light'
One of my favourite YouTube beauty gurus Shaaanxo uses this kit in most of her tutorials. I loved that it was a wax consistency. I currently use an eyebrow pencil by BYS which I actually really like, but I loved the look of this and she raves about how good it is for the price so I couldn't resist.

Eyebrow kit opened
The kit comes with the darker brown wax and a lighter brown powder. Most people that have reviewed this product don't actually use the powder, but I will have a play around with it and see what I can do. It also comes with a pretty dodgy looking applicator - I think I will use an angled brush to apply this.

e.l.f Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara
This is another product that Shaaanxo on YouTube recommended. I often have problems with my eyebrow colour lasting all day so hopefully this will not only keep my brows perfectly in place but set the colour in too.

e.l.f Essential Liquid Eyeliner in shade Black

I absolutely love eyeliner and am always up for trying new brands. This was only around $2 so I thought why not?!

Jordana Forever Flawless Pressed Face Powder in 'Nude Beige'

 Hold tight guys this post is almost finished! The last product I got was this pressed powder. I do have a few face powders that I like but I am always willing to try more, especially inexpensive ones like this. To be honest I'm not expecting great things from this one but seeing as I was already placing an order on beauty joint I decided to try it out.

I should mention that the shipping from the US without tracking cost around $10. It took 3 weeks to get here - I ordered it on the 10th of December and it arrived on the 31st of December. I could have paid an extra two or three dollars for tracking for peace of mind but I didn't and it still arrived. I actually kind of forgot about it so it was a nice surprise when it arrived! Overall, I would make another order from Beauty Joint. I am constantly ordering things from China and Hong Kong from eBay, so I am used to waiting for parcels.


Well everyone, that was my first proper post on this blog and it felt damn good! It's definitely satisfying uploading a post and actually sharing my love for beauty products with the blogging world (even though I doubt noone will actually read this hehehehe)

Until next time!






1 comment:

  1. perfect blog ! can you follow me ? thanks!!
    blog: http://goodbyemyloverbutiloveyou.blogspot.com.es/
    instagram: goodbyemylover

    ReplyDelete

Instagram