Friday 24 January 2014

Kmart Haul: Cosmetics sale

Hello everyone! I do apologise for my absence, I'm seriously lacking consistency in this whole 'blogging' thing. It's still totally new to me.

If you weren't already aware, I love Kmart. I mean I seriously LOVE Kmart. There is one right near my house, so I honestly visit Kmart about 2-3 times a week. I have scored so many shoes, handbags, accessories, clothes and cosmetics for as little as $1. 

Today I walked into Kmart, as I do, walked around the store for a while and before leaving I decided to check out the cosmetics. I don't often buy cosmetics in Kmart as the stands are always empty and often full price. Today however, I actually had a lame moment where my heart started racing. There were $5 and $2 pricetags EVERYWHERE. It didn't take me too long to fill up my shopping basket with a few cheap goodies. I will warn possible buyers though:  The stands were very empty with not much left, but like any good bargain hunter, I quickly got my hands on some really cheap steals.

All of the goodies that I picked up

The Rimmel products I hauled
Majority of the Rimmel products were on clearance. However, I found that only certain shades were on sale. I am not sure if this is just because they haven't marked down everything else, but some shades were scanning at sale price, yet others were full price. For examply, they had all of their foundations on sale for $5, but the shade I wanted wasn't marked down. The receipt didn't print the RRP prices, only the price I bought them for. I will include the sale price in parenthesis next to the product.Here is what I got:

Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Eyeliner in 'Taupe' ($2)  - I absolutely adore these kohl liners for my waterline. I bought a couple when Chemist Warehouse were having their 50% off sale (making them $5) but they were out of stock of Taupe. You can imagine my excitement when I scored this for $2.

Rimmel Sexy Curves Mascara in 'Black' ($5) - Never tried this mascara, but I love mascaras that curve so I thought I'd give it a go.

Rimmel Lasting Finish Nail Polish in 'Lively Lilac' ($2)  - I have also never tried these nail polishes because I never thought they looked worthy of their full retail price of $6, but for $2 I decided to give this a go. The display had heaps of Rimmel nail polishes left, so if I like this I may go back and get more tomorrow.

Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick by Kate Moss in '103' ($5) - I have never tried any of the lipsticks from the Matte collection, but I own a few of the regular Kate Moss Rimmel lipsticks and love them. The bad thing about the cosmetics department in Kmart is that there are no testers, as all of the cosmetics are in packages hanging up on a silver rod thingy. I was unsure of which colour to get but I grabbed 103 which appears to be a medium pinkish-berry colour. 


Cosmetics from various brands
Covergirl Lash Blast Mascara in 'Black Brown' ($5) - I have also never tried this mascara, but for $5 I couldn't resist. Ideally I would have preferred black, but they only had this colour. 

Face of Australia Budge Proof Eyeshadows in 'Violet Rays', 'Poison Ivy' and 'Midnight Sky' ($2 each) - I haven't even heard any reviews about these, but if they aren't fantastic then they only set me back $2 each! They look like a cheap version of the Maybelline color tattoos, as they are a metallic cream shadow in a little glass pot. I actually just found this post about a comparison between the two products if you're interested: http://bubblesandblush.wordpress.com/2013/08/31/review-face-of-australia-budge-proof-eyeshadows/
The three that I purchased are a deep emerald green, a dark violet/taupe colour and a very dark midnight blue colour. I will do a review on these when I try them out and get some use out of them. These retail for around $6 I believe, so if you're looking for a cheap alternative to the Maybelline shadows then these could be for you. 

Face of Australia Glossy Lip Crayon in 'Pie a la Mode' ($2) - These lip crayons are relatively recent for the Face of Australia collection and I own the purple shade in 'Berry Brulee' which I absolutely love. The shade that I purchased today was the last one left, but I would have purchased all of the other shades if they had have been there. Pie a la Mode is a dark nude colour. They do retail for the very affordable price of $4.95 at Priceline though, so I may pick a few more up.

Face of Australia Lip Quench SPF30+  lipstick in 'Mocha Latte' ($2) - This was also the only shade left out of the range. I would most likely have picked up a few more as they were only $2 and contain jojoba oil and shea butter which appeals to me. This is a nude brown type colour.

BYS  18 colour eyeshadow palette in '01 Neutral Charm' ($2) - I think it is a pretty common fact in the beauty world that BYS is a crap brand. I mean, they do have some good products that I use often, but I normally steer clear of their nail polishes, foundations and eyeshadows. However, this palette was only $2 for 18 gorgeous neutral shades. There are warm bronzes, golds, roses, olive greens and deep mauve colours. As expected, they are all shimmer eyeshadows but I'll enjoy playing around with these and using them for some different looks.

BYS Longwear Lipstick in 'In Love' ($2) - I have a few BYS lipsticks that I am not a huge fan of, but I have found that the lipsticks in the longer tubes (as opposed to the regular short tubes) wear a lot better than the rest of the BYS range. This is a nice everyday medium pink.

Maybelline Colorsensational Lipstick in 'Juicy Bubblegum' ($5) -There wasn't a lot of the Maybelline range on sale, but a few of the Colorsensational lipsticks were. I absolutely love this line of lipsticks and was so shocked that they were only $5, as these retail for $16.95. In hindsight, I probably should have picked up some more of these but I was in a rush. 


Although this isn't actually makeup, a lot of their skincare and hygiene type products were also on sale, so I just grabbed a couple of items.

Kmart Brand Coconut and Lemongrass body wash ($2) - I think this only retailed for $5 to begin with but it is a very large 750ml size body wash. Lemongrass is my favourite scent so I decided to try this out.

Kmart Brand Frangipani and Passionfruit Hand Cream ($1) - I also believe this retails for only $3 but seeing as this was only $1 I had to try this out. Passionfruit is my favourite fruit so I'm looking forward to seeing how this smells.



So there we have it, my bag of goodies I purchased from Kmart. I will have a lot of fun taking all of this stuff out of it's packaging and swatching it all. I love a good bargain! Let me know in the comments below if you liked this haul and if you manage to grab any good bargains during this Kmart sale. 

Until next time :)

2 comments:

  1. Wooo, that is a fabulous haul! Kmart have the best sales on their cosmetics, but like you said they are hardly ever stocked and everything is messed up and in the wrong spot. Still, you managed to spot some awesome bargains. I hope you like the Covergirl mascara, I personally love it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou for your lovely comment! They also had crazy good sales on all their Revlon products but there literally nothing left! xx

      Delete

Instagram